Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) is an international status that grants privilege and provides facilities in customs procedures to the reliable companies that fulfill their customs obligations, have a regular and traceable registration system, have financial adequacy, safety, and security standards, and can perform self-control.
What permissions and authorizations can be availed under the Authorized Economic Operator status?
Authorized Economic Operator Certificate holders can benefit from the following permissions/authorizations without the need for a request:
- Under declare,
- Partial Assurance,
- Summary declaration with the minimized mandatory information,
- Simplified Procedure with full disclosure
- Blueline facilitation
- No necessary to attach documents to the import and export declarations,
- Having preferential right at the controls, if the declaration is subjected to document checks,
- Having preferential right at the examination, if the item is subjected to an examination.
Authorized Economic Operator Certificate holders can benefit from the following permissions/authorizations if they request and provide the relevant additional terms or conditions:
- Lump-sum warrant,
- Customs clearance on site
- Allowance for endorsement and preparing ATR certificate of circulation within the simplified procedure
- Allowance for preparing Invoice Declaration or EUR-MED certificate without regarding the value of the good Allowance for preparing MED Invoice Declaration,
- Authorized shipper authority
What is on-site customs clearance in exports and who can have this permission under what conditions?
On-site customs clearance in exports means that; after customs procedures of the goods are done by the own facilities of the company, the export goods are sent directly to customs border post by being sealed off at the company's facility, without being brought to the internal customs office.
Exporter companies who are qualified to have Authorized Economic Operator Certificate and made actual exports of 5 million dollars the previous year before the year of application; can have the allowance for customs clearance on-site. The export amount gathered by the applicant company through intermediary companies such as foreign trade stock corporations and group exporters is not taken into consideration.
What are the benefits of customs clearance on-site?
In the current situation, the goods that the exporter companies want to export are brought to the internal customs office first, after the transactions here are completed, the export goods are taken to the border customs office to leave the country, and thus the export operations are completed.
Thanks to on-site customs clearance in exports, the customs clearance of the export goods can be issued at the company's facilities, and the export goods can be shipped directly to the border customs office without bringing it to the internal customs office. In limited cases where goods inspection is required, the customs officer will go to the company's facilities.
Thus, the exports of companies with permission will take place faster and less costly. Besides, it will be possible to deliver orders without delay and in this way, their market share will increase.
What is authorized shipper authority in exports and who can have this permission under what conditions?
The authorized shipper is the transmitter that carries out the customs procedures for the transit of the goods in their facilities and sends the transit goods directly to the exit (border) customs administration by sealing the vehicle in their facilities, without presenting the transit goods to the internal customs directorate.
Carriers that meet the following conditions may be authorized shippers:
- Qualified for the status of Authorized Economic Operator Certificate,
- Has an international transport authorization certificate from the Turkish Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications,
- Transit goods within the scope of at least 500 transit declarations (including TIR Carnet) within the previous year before the application date,
- Has extensive coverage or permission to renounce the coverage.
It is not possible for people who are not qualified for the Authorized Economic Operator Certificate to benefit from this facility.
What are the benefits of authorized shipper authority?
After customs procedures of the goods are done by the own facilities of the company, the export goods are sent directly to customs border post by being sealed off at the company's facility, without being brought to the internal customs office; and that is called authorized shipper implementation.
In the authorized shipper implementation, which is given to the carrier companies, the export goods to be transported can be brought directly to the border customs office by being sealed at the facilities of the permitted company without bringing them to the internal customs office. In limited cases where the inspection of goods is required, the customs officer is to go to the company's facilities.
Thus, with the authorized shipper implementation, the companies that have permission will have time and cost-saving, and the vehicle queues will be less due to the reduced workload at the customs.
Should the permit holder of the customs clearance on-site and the authorized shipper work together in exports?
Companies with these facilitations can work together or separately. Exporter companies that have on-site customs clearance permission in export can carry their final export (transactions with 1000 regime codes) with an authorized shipper or with a normal carrier. However, the goods within the scope of the inward processing regime (transactions with the regime codes 3141 and 3151) necessarily must be carried by an authorized shipper.
Besides, it is possible for the carriers that have authorized shipper authorization to carry the export goods of all companies whether they have or do not have on-site customs clearance within the scope of the authority. Companies that do not have on-site customs clearance permits will only be able to carry their exact export goods (transactions with the regime code 1000) within the scope of the authorized shipper facility.
What is an Approved Exporter?
Within the scope of on-site customs clearance simplified transaction in exports, those who are entitled to have at least one of the following permits of preparing A.TR circulation document and visa regardless of the value of the goods and preparing an invoice declaration / EUR.MED invoice declaration is called as approved exporters.
What is the importance of the mutual recognition agreement?
Mutual recognition agreement is an agreement that will be signed with the countries with similar implementations as the Authorized Economic Operator and that allows the authorized state of one of the parties to be accepted by the other parties. In this way, the companies having the Authorized Economic Operator Certificate will be accepted as more reliable by the countries that are parties to the agreement and will be able to benefit from the facilities offered by that country such as being controlled less in trade and having priority during controls.
What are the benefits of the implementation of the Authorized Economic Operator?
- Increased cooperation between the customs administration and the trade competent.
- The decrement of the workload of the customs administration, to be able to focus more on risky shipments and to fight smuggling activities more effectively.
- Acceleration of goods movement and vehicle shipments at customs.
- Facilitating legal trade and increasing effectiveness in combating illegal trade.
- Increasing the country's international competitiveness.
- The country becomes more attractive for foreign investments.
- Recognition as a country where foreign trade is done quickly and easily.
- More preference as a trading partner in national and international markets.
- Promoting secure trade by reducing safety and security gaps in international trade.
- Supporting exports through less costly and faster transactions.
- Increasing the number of companies that work more effectively and efficiently at international standards, have higher competitiveness and better internal control processes.
- Reduced procurement costs and increased cooperation with suppliers.
- Ability to deliver goods to foreign buyers on time.
- More preference as a supplier in international markets.
- Reliable recognition in international markets.
- To be accepted as Authorized Economic Operator in countries where mutual recognition agreement is made and to benefit from privileges provided for authorized persons in that country based on reciprocity.