As the volume of e-export increases day by day, the investment of the companies to the digitalization process is scaling up too. Thus, companies can play an active role in foreign markets.
In addition to the export notion that has had a significant share in the economies of countries for many years, e-export notion has also emerged due to the developing technology and the digital channels that have been incorporated into our lives.
E-exporting is the practice of positioning the basics of export on online platforms and selling products or services overseas through these virtual channels.
SMEs are of huge importance in the progress of E-export. Compared with large-scale enterprises, SMEs conduct more efficient processes and make a major contribution to the growth of e-export in terms of profitability, competitiveness, value-added increase, and good quality output. Along with the e-export process, it will make companies reach a better level to measure the sales potential that they have in international markets.
- Here are the key points that companies wishing to start exporting should pay attention to;
- Knowing well the target market: Before e-exporting, the target market should be researched and analyzed. Companies should choose the market which is capable of meeting the needs of the company and this should be consistent over time. The complexity, competition and consumer needs of the targeted market need to be taken into account. It is often more difficult to find customers in markets with strong rivals than to find customers in markets with lesser rivals. Therefore, the complexity and competition of the industry should be carefully examined when selecting a target market, and an e-export strategy should be created according to the demographic features of the market. One of the actions to be taken to achieve successful results is to identify the disparities in need and luxury consumption among developed, developing or underdeveloped countries, and bring the products on the market according to this analysis.
- Having a decent e-export website: A well-founded technological infrastructure is certainly important for all websites, but it is an essential initial point for companies who will do business and earn through the Internet. Websites that have the proper technical infrastructure and provide the customers with a good user interface play an important role in e-export.
The features that should be in a good e-export website are:
- Foreign Language Support - one of the essential elements is language support that is specifically designed for your target market users and it provides easier communication.
- Online live translation services - With a live support service, you can answer instant questions from your customers at any time.
- Currency options - Depending on the customers in your target market you can provide an easier trade opportunity with the multiple currency options.
- Being practical when providing information on delivery: Working with the right solution partners is of crucial importance when trading. As for the export, a fast and reliable logistics company is the most important solution partner. When you can't satisfy the customer until the end of the process of warehousing, customs clearance, inspection, and transportation services, even if all the other processes are going well, customers don't go beyond being temporary. In order to provide customer loyalty, the logistics process must be managed decently, and a realistic delivery date is to be given. The process from sales to delivery for customers must be clear, transparent and trackable.