In order to start exporting you need to have an officially established company within the boundaries of Turkey.
The steps to be followed to establish a new business are as below:
- Agreement with a financial advisor
- Creating a company contract
- Company establishment procedures at the Trade Registry Office
- Being registered to the Chamber of Industry and Trade
- Circular of signature and ratification of the books
The company must make a member registration to Exporters Unions after completing company establishment procedures. To start exporting, you must be a member of at least one of the 61 Exporters Unions formed under 13 General Secretariat allied to TIM.
After accomplishing all this process, you can agree with a customs consultant authorized for the customs tracking of the export process. Thus, you will have completed the stage of the Authorization of Customs Consultancy. That way, the official customs processes of the products will be handled by the customs consultant on behalf of you.
The types of export that can be done after these processes are:
- Export (Subject to Prior Authorization)
- Registered Export
- Consignment Export
- Export of Imported Goods
- Export to Free Trade Zones
- FOC Export
- Export by commercial leasing
Export (Subject to Prior Authorization)
It is the type of export that can be realized by getting prior authorization from a certain authority as required by international agreements, legal decision or International law.
In this type of export that the products which are specified according to the notice published by the undersecretariat are exported.
The references for this type of export are made to Exporters Unions General Secretary. The customs declarations which are approved as consignment are required to be reported to the customs office within 30 days.
Export of Imported Goods
The export of the new or used good which is in Free Circulation is done according to the defined under General Provisions. Due to the decision of export subsidy, the return provisions are reserved.
Export to Free Trade Zones
The export to FTZ is related to the general export provisions. However, different legislation provisions are reserved.
The products which are allowed to be exported free-of-charge are as below:
- Gifts that are sent or brought by natural or legal entities, samples that the quantity of which are correspondent with business precedents and advertising goods, imported goods or packaging materials that are reusable or recyclable.
- The parts of duly imported goods which can be sent free-of-charge and are in compliance with commercial usage, the parts that need to be renewed within guarantee period which belong to the goods with shortage and imported with a guarantee.
- The goods or vehicles that will be sent or brought on condition that providing documental proof by members of foreign mission, foreigners working in Turkey, Turkish citizens that go abroad through domicile transfer, and civil servants that go abroad for a permanent or temporary mission.
- Goods or vehicles that will be sent by or addressed to legal entities settled abroad, foreign tourists and Turkish citizens that reside abroad.
- Goods or vehicles that will be sent by public enterprises, municipalities, and universities in line with their duty or agreements.
- Humanitarian aid supplies that will be sent by public enterprises, municipalities, universities, Turkish Red Crescent Society, associations and foundations who work for the public weal.
Export by Commercial Lease
This type of export is considered within the frame of export customs legislation.